passwordless rsync?

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:11:20 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 04:40 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Btw, to allow multiple commands from the same host, I guess I should
> have multiple lines for the same public key?

No.  command="" is run instead of whatever was requested.  It's not
conditional.  sshd isn't executing that command or allowing that key
only when the command requested and command="" match.  Nothing would
cause sshd to prefer a command="" that matched the original.

If you want to allow multiple paths, you could use individual keys for
each one, and the correct command for each key in the fire.

I use the script provided.  Put it in /usr/local/bin and use
command="/usr/local/bin/validate-rsync-command.sh" ...

> Also, any ideas what
> should be the command to allow rsnapshot backups?

rsync is the only command that rsnapshot will call on the source system.