What Seriously Ails Fedora

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:57:59 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 11:31 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 08:15 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>>
>> How?  boost-terminal isn't in the hypothetical current release, so
>> there's nothing to check.
>
> How?  maintain some sort of backward compatibility so that you don't
> need to check package-by-package to find out what you're breaking.

You do know that's a magical hand-wavy answer, right?

Look, when people suggest that you get involved with Fedora, it's not
hyperbole.  We aren't telling you to go away by suggesting that you do
an impossible thing.  Get involved.  Take part.  Participate.  I really
have to believe that you haven't done any packaging or development at
this point.  One of two things will happen if you start maintaining
packages for the project.  Either you'll come to understand why this is
a hard problem, or you'll fix it.  :)