passwordless rsync?

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:58:37 UTC 2015

On 05/29/2015 09:03 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> rsync is the only command that rsnapshot will call on the source system.
> I meant to say what command options rsnapshot adds to rsync, but I think
> I can find that out by looking at short_options, and long_options in
> rsnapshot.conf.

I wasn't clear, previously.  The script I provided can be used with
rsnapshot (I use it with rsnapshot), and will support multiple paths.
The script checks the original command, strips out the leading bits of
the rsync command (only if it *is* and rsync command), verifies that the
path exists, and then runs the original command.  It effectively limits
the key so that it can only be used to pull data using rsync, but allows
any path to be specified.