Getting Fedora to recognize my Kindle

Todor Petkov zakk at online.bg
Fri May 29 18:56:55 UTC 2015

> The fact that you get no indication (via dmesg) of plugging/unplugging
> indicates a likely hardware problem. If it's not the cable then perhaps
> the connector on the Kindle or the socket on the computer is dodgy or
> loose. Does the Kindle connect to other computers? Does the USB port
> work with other devices? Are you using a USB hub?
>
> poc

Hello,

I have similar problem after upgrading to F22. My Samsung Note3 is not
longer recognized, and I am using a cable, that worked before. I tried
with several other phones, no indication in dmegs.

I think it's related to gvfs-mtp, and I will do more tests on Monday to
be sure - maybe boot from Fedora21 DVD or something like this.

Regards,