System log files

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Sat May 30 15:51:13 UTC 2015

On my machine that runs as a server, it was on F21 and using dnf,
upgraded it to F22, no issues for most part except for my log files not
rotating.  I first seen this as I was no longer getting any emails from
that machine via epylog.  So I ran epylog cron manually and it said all
my modules were disabled.  So I started investigating and this is when
noticed my files didnt' have anything in them.

It seems that my log files in /var/log are not populating like they
should, such as messages, maillog, etc.  Now I know if I run journalctl
or whatever I can see messages or whatever that is from that command.

So something isn't starting or I need to do some quick edit to a config
file or something to use journald or whatever?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"