upgrade to 23 when it comes out

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 16:21:57 UTC 2015

On 10/31/2015 12:16 AM, William Biggs wrote:
> I installed xface f22 64 bit then installed Cinnamon Desktop . When 23
> comes out if I upgrade using fedup . I think that what is is called .
> Will I get the Cinnamon Desktop . or the xface desktop since it was the
> core install ?
Upgrading via dnf does not affect your current choice of desktop, as that
is encoded in a file in your home directory.

To make matters easy for the future, you can move the /home dir to
another partition, or better yet to another drive so it is never affected
by fresh installs of your choice of distro onto the boot drive. The boot
drive can have a symlink to the actual partition or drive containing /home.