Problems to boot

Frank White mediomen27 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:46:02 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am a new subscriber but an old user, especially on linux.
I have some problem to boot my box because I changed some files by a live cd.
I lost my root password so tried some old method to change it. I tried
to boot in single mode but it doesn't worked. After that I change the
passwd file removing the x character ... but this has broken my box.

I have rid of the following errors on the log:
Nov  3 17:40:06 localhost dbus-daemon: Could not get password database
information for UID of current process: User "???" unknown or no
memory to allocate password entry
Nov  3 17:40:06 localhost dbus-daemon: Unknown username "root" in
message bus configuration file

Anyone know how to fix it ?
Oh the last thing, my bot does not boot property, I mean it stop at
Network manager startup and it does not give me the login prompt on
gdm or console.

Thank you.