Problems to boot

Erick Ocrospoma zipper1790 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:06:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 3 November 2015 at 11:46, Frank White <mediomen27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a new subscriber but an old user, especially on linux.
> I have some problem to boot my box because I changed some files by a live
> cd.
> I lost my root password so tried some old method to change it. I tried
> to boot in single mode but it doesn't worked. After that I change the
> passwd file removing the x character ... but this has broken my box.

Which version of Fedora are you using ?

I suppose single command is not working because Fedora is using systemd.
Try to set 'rd.break' instead of single.

Follow this:
http://linoxide.com/linux-how-to/reset-forgotten-root-password-rhel-centos-7/

Follow the steps, specially autorelabel part, if your Fedora box has
SElinux enabled this step is necessary.

> I have rid of the following errors on the log:
> Nov  3 17:40:06 localhost dbus-daemon: Could not get password database
> information for UID of current process: User "???" unknown or no
> memory to allocate password entry
> Nov  3 17:40:06 localhost dbus-daemon: Unknown username "root" in
> message bus configuration file
>
> Anyone know how to fix it ?
> Oh the last thing, my bot does not boot property, I mean it stop at
> Network manager startup and it does not give me the login prompt on
> gdm or console.
>
> Thank you.
> --

~ Happy install !