updated f22->f23 using dnf system-upgrade, no significant issues

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:19:46 UTC 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 17:12, Dave Cross <davorg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 November 2015 at 14:42, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A boring update
>
> Yep. Completely uneventful here too. Which is good :-)

I wish. The update as such was uneventful, but now I can't get a login
screen.

1) Did the dnf update of 3055 packages
2) Rebooted and installed F23 with no errors
3) On booting the new system, got a low-res login (for KDE). Investigation
showed that the akmod-nvidia race condition bug is still there, so
installed kmod-nvidia by hand and rebooted.
4) Now I get a text-mode log of update progress, ending with:

[ OK] Reached target Switch Root.
         Starting Switch Root...

After which nothing happens. I tried removing the proprietary Nvidia stuff
but it didn't help. I also tried switching to GDM On 3 November 2015 at
14:42, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> A boring update

Yep. Completely uneventful here too. Which is good :-)
and SDDM (my usual DM is KDM) and no difference.

There is nothing obviously wrong in journalctl.

I'm out of ideas.

poc