BTRFS and Nvidia broken on F23

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:28:16 UTC 2015

(Repeating myself from another thread where this was somewhat OT)

I updated to F23 using the approved dnf method, with no errors. Now I have
an unusable system because /home is not being mounted. It's a btrfs
filesystem and when trying to mount it manually I get:

mount: unknown filesystem type 'btrfs'

I have btrfs-progs. This worked correctly on F22. A dnf search shows a
storaged-btrfs package which seems to be new (or at least not required in
F22) but installing it and rebooting makes no difference.

Booting F22 mounts /home correctly, but I have no desktop as the upgrade
removed my working akmod Nvidia stuff and for some reason Nouveau doesn't
work.

*Not* a happy camper at this point.

poc