Fedora-23beta -> Fedora-23

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Nov 4 13:54:58 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 11/04/15 19:20, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I have been running Fedora-23beta,
>> which I assume has become Fedora-23.
>> Should I keep fedora-updates-testing enabled?

> Only if you want to continue testing packages before they are pushed to
> stable.
>
> If you don't then best to disable it and run "dnf distro-sync".

Thanks for the advice.
I tried running "sudo dnf distro-sync" but it went through dozens of mirrors
looking for various anaconda related packages before ending with
  Error: Error downloading packages:
  Cannot download Packages/a/anaconda-gui-23.19.7-1.fc23.x86_64.rpm:
    All mirrors were tried

So I ran "sudo dnf --exclude=anaconda* distro-sync"
which rather to my surprise ran, with the result:

  Install      1 Package
  Upgrade     20 Packages
  Downgrade  186 Packages

The upgraded packages were nearly all abrt*.
I take it the downgraded packages were in fedora-upgrades-testing
but have not been transferred to fedora-upgrades.
I find this slightly surprising, as everything seemed to work fine.
I had assumed that all the packages in fedora-upgrades-testing
would be transferred to fedora-upgrades
when the final version of Fedora-23 came out.

I'm afraid that on re-booting my WiFi connection failed to come up,
with the message
 The WiFi network cannot be located.
I had to turn selinux to permissive, and play with the settings
for half-an-hour before my WiFi connection was restored.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net