BTRFS and Nvidia broken on F23

Alchemist raimiiic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:18:17 UTC 2015

> On 4 November 2015 at 08:01, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4 November 2015 at 11:55, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> /proc/filesystems does not contain btrfs. Modprobe makes no difference.
>>>
>>> 'lsinitrd|grep btrfs' gives no output.
>>>

>> I should also mention that I ran 'dracut -f' but nothing changed.
>>

> Now testing the KDE Live version, which works, i.e. does detect and load
> BTRFS. If I don't get this fixed soon I may have to bite the bullet and do
> a clean install, but there is clearly something seriously wrong so it would
> be nice to figure out what it is before I wipe the disk.

You should search for answer in system logs, why exactly btrfs module isn't
loaded, usually debug data is being written in kernel log. If initram, boot
params and fstab is not tampered by you or by not so successful upgrade
then check logs, use fdisk,testdisk,btrfsck to confirm than partition table
structure, partition id's and home partition is not damaged.