upgrade to 23 when it comes out

Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco porfiriopaiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:33:40 UTC 2015

<porfiriopaiz at gmail.com>:
>> On Saturday 31 Oct 2015 12:35:08 AM Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco wrote:
> I have a computer in which I can test this, now is runnig a fedora 22
> workstation and I planning to make a upgrade to fedora 23 early un
> Tuesday, so later I will share any news.

Done! Everything is OK, now I'm runnig a Fedora 23 Workstation that
used to be a Fedora 22 Workstation.

I followed the next command list:
First update all your system:
su -c "dnf update"

Before installing dnf-plugin-system-upgrade remove this packages, this
package (fedup-dracut) stop me at the beginning from installing the
upgrade assistant:
su -c "dnf remove -y fedup-dracut"

Then you will be able to install the upgrade-plugin:
su -c "dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade"

Or with this command:
su -c "dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade"

Then mask some services:
su -c "systemctl mask packagekit-offline-update.service
fwupd-offline-update.service"

And finally start downloading every single package that will be
installed to replace (upgrade) every single package installed on your
system:
su -c "dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=23"

When the downloading process has finished, you will be asked for
reboot your system:
su -c "dnf system-upgrade reboot"

The computer reboots, and then select the most recent kernel on your
grub, commonly the first.

And what's come is a process in which will be upgraded all of the
packages on your system, the cleaned/removed the old ones from fedora
22, and after thar will be checked that everything is fine.

If the screen freezes and stop provinding feed back, Don't Panic!,
just press the up arrow key to refresh it.

And when everything is upgrade, the computer reboots and you will see
the new grub entry at the top.

Finally when you are logged with your daily user, restart this services:
su -c "systemctl unmask packagekit-offline-update.service
fwupd-offline-update.service"

Clean all:
su -c "dnf clean all"

to finish: