upgrade to 23 when it comes out

Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco porfiriopaiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:54:18 UTC 2015

> On 11/04/2015 03:33 PM, Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco wrote:
>>
>> The computer reboots, and then select the most recent kernel on your
>> grub, commonly the first.
>>
>> And what's come is a process in which will be upgraded all of the
>> packages on your system, the cleaned/removed the old ones from fedora
>> 22, and after thar will be checked that everything is fine.
>

> So while the system is upgrading, it's otherwise unusable, just as it was
> with preupgrade and fedup.  I'm now in the process of taking my desktop from
> F19 to (at least) F22 one step at a time with fedora-upgrade.  (This was
> delayed by hardware issues.)  At no time during the upgrade from 19 to 20
> was the computer otherwise unusable, and there was only one reboot needed,
> when the process was complete.  It took several tries because of glitches,
> such as needing to clear enough space for it to work, but each time that
> happened, the cause of the issue was clear because you could read the error
> message in the terminal.  Frankly, this unofficial method looks better to me
> than the official one, but YMMV.

Yes, the system remains unusable during the upgrading after rebooting.
In addition, I forgot to mention that in my fedora 22 instalation had
few packages installed and apart from fedora official repos I had
rpm-fusion and google-chrome repos enabled, so after the downloading
process I ended with 1.5 GB of upgrades packages, so make sure you
have enough free space for the upgrading.

This is my list of installed packages after the upgrading:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/287035/46677730

And also I would like to add that this is the first time that I don't
make a fresh install, this is the first time that I upgrade an
existing Fedora install into a next major release, and I'm so happy
that everything went fine, is perfect.

Thanks to all the people that made this release posible, thanks to all
the alpha and beta testers, fedora maintainers, developers, and the
people that collaborate to make this possible.

Cheers.