upgrade to 23 when it comes out

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 4 23:58:51 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 03:51 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> The advantage of the current dnf upgrade method is that the upgrade
> happens in a special mode with only the minimal necessary to run the
> upgrade process and this minimized the conflict with running services
> and libraries in memory on the unofficial process.  The upgrade tool
> ideally should warn you about disk space issues and other conflicts
> *before* it does anything.  use --best to find that out and
> --allowerasing to remove packages as needed.

I'll remember that, or at least try to, once I'm using dnf for upgrades.
  In my case, at least, the main problem other than disk space was
google earth conflicting with a filesystem package, and after the
upgrade, it still does.  And, since I was using the computer at the
time, all I had to do was look at the terminal the upgrade was using to
see what had gone wrong.  Does this dnf upgrade method leave any record
of errors if and when it's not able to complete?