Problem after ugrading from fedora 21 to 23 with Rhodecode/Nix [SOLVED]

jeandet alexis alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Fri Nov 6 17:22:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

I upgraded one of my lab servers to Fedora 23(it was good), I got a
surprise my Rhodecode server didn't want to start anymore with this
error:

bash: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt <
(sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE) / sizeof
(_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE[0]))' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

After some googling I found that it was due to the fact that they use
Nix and it's not yet compatible with glibc 2.22 (If I understand
correctly).

Anyway I solved my issue by downloading this
http://lipa.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~cunav5am/nix/locale-archive and then to
start rhodecode:
export LOCALE_ARCHIVE=/YOUR-PATH/locale-archive
rccontrol status
I hope it may help other people using Nix based stuff like rhodecode on
fedora 23...

Some links:
https://rhodecode.tenderapp.com/help/discussions/problems/9254-rhodecod
e-broken-with-fedora-23