F22 > F23 problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 6 18:16:16 UTC 2015

I don't usually do Fedora upgrades, normally a fresh install, but
thought I'd try it on a Dell E4310 Notebook I have but rarely use. I
updated Fedora-22, rebooted, and did "dnf system-upgrade download
--releasever=23." It churned for a while and downloaded whatever it
wanted. I left it and and spent some time mowing grass. There were some
approvals it wanted, I gave them yeses and it quickly finished saying
the F-23 install was complete.

I rebooted and it only offers to start from one of three F-22 kernels
and that does result in running F-22.

However, that computer never shuts down F-22 cleanly, I always wind up
forcing it off by holding the power button down 'til it stops. It sits
there telling me it can't reach the NFS server, gets a time out and
tries again, ad infinitum as far as I can tell? Dunno if that has an
effect ...

Is there something I can do to salvage the install or should I just do
what I know always works, a fresh install?

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD