F22 > F23 problem Solved -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 6 19:23:46 UTC 2015

On 11/06/15 13:34, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 11/06/15 13:23, Antonio M wrote:
>>
>>  you completed the download phase, then you should have issued
>> sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot
>>
>> Did you do??
> .
>
> No I just rebooted!
>
> So I just tried dnf system-upgrade reboot as you suggested and it is
> still booting Fedora 22!
>
> Aha, I see it is going through an upgrade now! I thought it had
> already done that?
>
> Ok, it shows 3028 items so that will take a while, I'll report back
> later. I guess I missed a step ...

.

Ok, that was the solution, it needed the command "dnf system-upgrade
reboot" to finish. It apparently respected most of the configuration
changes I make, even the text log-in. I will test it further and may try
it on another desk top computer, it saves a lot of time configuring
things as I want.

Thanks for the help Antonio and Terry,

Bob

--