Upgrade advice

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Nov 6 21:08:49 UTC 2015

For the OP.

I think this is unsupportable because Fedora 17, 18, 19, 20 aren't
supported. And as mentioned, one of those moved from preupgrade to
fedup, and fedup is fundamentally flawed which is why it's going away
in Fedora 23. It's sufficiently fundamentally flawed in the edge case
scenario (i.e. not a simple default installation or one sufficiently
common that's known to work, which does NOT really include raid1 +
separate usr, I had lots of problems with this and fedup when I was
doing testing) that it's just not even worth attempting in my opinion.

The installer (Anaconda) should recognize all of the various parts
including the separate usr and raid1, and let you reuse what you want
and blow away what you don't want. It's been sufficiently long since
Fedora 16 that you should get new file systems for everything. The
installer enforces this for / although I'm not sure if it's enforced
for /usr. It's not enforced for /home.

Anything on Btrfs created more than a year ago should bite the bullet
and reformat. It's just a much more deterministic outcome that way.

Chris Murphy