Rhythmbox F23 goes wacky

Derek Cramer cramerd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:36:00 UTC 2015

Yep, I'm seeing something very similar. It's my work machine, so I don't
have access now for a screenshot (funnily enough it hasn't affected the one
home machine I tried it on).

My symptoms are pretty well aligned with yours. Frequently (almost every
track), the song starts, then goes silent, but the slider keeps going.
Sometimes it comes back after a while, sometimes it's when the track
changes.

I also noticed sometimes that the UI gets out of sync with what's actually
playing, displaying the wrong track. One other oddness I noticed also was
multiple tracks playing; i.e. if I repeatedly skip tracks, it can end up
with three/four tracks playing. I left it like this for a while yesterday
to see what would happen. After a while the Rhythmbox UI became
unresponsive, but the music played on until the song(s) finished. After
that I gave up and played music on my phone as I needed to get some work
done. :-/

I'll submit  a bug on Monday if there isn't one done by then.

Regards,
Derek