Amavis / logwatch error / F23

Jon LaBadie jonfu at jgcomp.com
Sun Nov 8 18:07:10 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 11:57:06AM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 10:26:07 -0600
> SternData wrote:
>
> Amavis may not be installed, but this file from logwatch
> is:
>
> > /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/amavis
>
> Probably wouldn't hurt anything to delete it. If an
> update puts it back, that probably means it
> has been fixed.

I hate deleting config files.  In this case I might
make a directory "/usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/.orig"
and move amavis there.

Perhaps an even better solution is to copy logwatch's
config file "/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf" to an
alternate name (eg. /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf.orig)
and edit the working copy.  It suggests keeping the
default "Service = All" followed by a line like
"Service = "-amavis".

jl
Jon H. LaBadie                  jonfu at jgcomp.com