No sound on Fedora 21 solved

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 10 17:43:13 UTC 2015

I figured out what was wrong. After the recent updates I changed the
grub installation to grub on my Debian partition. Everything
seemed to go well until todays sound problems. lsmod showed
there were NO sound modules loaded and uname -a showed a strange
kernel version.

I reinstalled grub from Fedora. Sound is back, lsmod shows
all the needed sound modules loaded.

Now there is another minor problem. With this version of
grub running, grub.cfg does not show my Windows 7 installation...just
Fedora and Debian.

Help ?

Thanks

I am running Fedora 21 and after the latest updates I have no sound
on my machine.

aplay -l shows no sound cards. Mixers such as alsamixer show only Pulseaudio
master and the output is full.

Can someone suggest how to debug this ?

Thanks