dnf gets stuck on poor connections

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Nov 13 12:22:29 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 12:53 PM, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> Mmmhh... My connection isn't very reliable either but dnf doesn't get stuck.
> Maybe you should update packages in small bunches instead of
> everything altogether.

I am not on a poor connection, either, but I am occasionally
experiencing this problem as well.

In most cases the cause seems to be dnf's mirror selection to prefer
broken repos and/or poorly accessible mirrors, but I have also seen
cases, when dnf hung without any feedback for hours.

My recommendation: Try yum, dnf is not ready for production use.

Ralf