Audacity

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 13 23:03:57 UTC 2015

On 14/11/15 01:48, jarmo wrote:
> With new upgrade to F23 Audacity didn't start at all, got tons of
> errors. This morning update, got new Audacity-Freeworld. Something new,
> no errors, but Audacity won't start. Anyone else met this?
As current Audacity packager, I'm keen to find out more about your issue.

What name, version release was first version with all the errors ?
Did you happen to screen shot, or capture text console output ?

Also, the same for the update you received. I expect that
audacity-freeworld should not replace audacity. Is that what happened
with dnf update, or was that a manual process. If you start from a
terminal prompt, what text is output ?

By the way, I also need testers for the future Audacity 2.1.2 (alpha)
which I've built [1] and should be in -testing soon. Unfortunately, no
RPMFusion -freeworld builds for 2.1.2 alpha yet.

Dave.

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=698890