Fedora 22 and 23 don't (fully) recognize Canon camera; Fedora 20 and 21 did

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Sat Nov 14 18:31:55 UTC 2015

An addendum:

konqueror (but not dolphin) supports the camera:/ protocol and can see the
camera. And now (though this was definitely not true earlier, at least with
F22--I'm not sure I even tried with F23), digikam can import from the
camera.  But the device notifier doesn't see any device, so it doesn't
prompt to download pictures, and the messages in /var/log/messages about
mtp-probe, etc., are the same.

I had fiddled around with commenting out a like in the libmtp udev ruleset,
but I put it back to the original version, and then I rebooted.  So I'm
not sure why digikam can now import from the camera (though it simply
calls it a "Canon Digital Camera", when I think it used to know the
model).