Get iso 23

Andreas M. Kirchwitz amk at spamfence.net
Sun Nov 15 14:58:46 UTC 2015

Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:

>> > How can I get an iso image for fedora 23 (workstation) ?
>>
>> https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/
> There is only the Live version not the DVD iso.

The Fedora Workstation Live image is a combined ISO image for both,
either running Fedora Live (directly from DVD/USB) or install the
Fedora Workstation edition (from the same DVD/USB).

This is different from the Server ISO image which is only for
installation but not for so-called live usage.

Unfortunately, both ISO image work somewhat different. For example,
the Workstation/Live image does not support mdraid devices or
encrypted volumes. Only the Server image does. However, the Server
image does not allow to install the Workstation edition from local
resources (only via network).

IMHO, the functionality has been split up in a confusing way.
There should be a "Live" ISO image for live usage and there should
be an "Installation" ISO image that combines Server and Workstation
editions (still fits perfectly fine on a single DVD, even on a small
4 GB USB stick).

	But everybody has a different opinion on that... Andreas