F23: Bootup error message - systemd-modules-load

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Nov 17 18:44:46 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 04:40 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Since the F23 upgrade, I've been seeing one error message during bootup;
> today, I checked the comment that I've been seeing, and it reports the
> following:
>
> root at pegasus ~> systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
> ● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
>     Loaded: loaded
> (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor
> preset: disabled)
>     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2015-11-17 07:33:03
> EST; 2min 40s ago
>       Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
>             man:modules-load.d(5)
>    Process: 616 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load
> (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
>   Main PID: 616 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
>
> Nov 17 07:33:03 pegasus systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main
> process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
> Nov 17 07:33:03 pegasus systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
>

> This happens on all three machines running F23.
>
> They function correctly. So, what if anything, should be done here?

It smells like there's a module specified in a one of the files in one
of the directories:

	/lib/modules-load.d
	/usr/lib/modules-load.d
	/usr/local/lib/modules-load.d
	/etc/modules-load.d
	/run/modules-load.d

that's not present any longer. You could try

	journalctl -b | grep module

and see if there's a specific module that pooped out or the system
can't find.

Note: This is just a guess. I don't get any of those errors, but I'm on
still on F22 (too cowardly to update just yet).
-    Working with Linux is like wrestling with a worthy opponent.    -
-   Working with Windows is like picking on an annoyed child with a  -
-                            loaded handgun.                         -