dnf group thinks a group is installed but its packages have already been removed

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 07:28:18 UTC 2015

Hey,

> 1. Why does `dnf group remove lxqt` wants to remove everything on my system?
> Most of it is not explicitely installed by me
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/291300/

That might be the reason. Dnf removes parts of the system that are marked as
"installed only as a dependency" as soon as the packages depending on them are
being removed. If you don't want this behavior, check out the config option
called clean_requirements_on_remove. You can also take a look at the dnf mark
command.

> 2. How can I reinstall lxqt group?

You first need to uninstall it. Groups are objects independent of the packages
they contain. Check out the dnf group mark command.

> 3. Is it a bug in dnf?

Doesn't seem like it.

> 4. Is there a reinstall option for group?

See my previous comment about dnf group mark remove.

HTH
Jan