Get iso 23

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:28:45 UTC 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 11:40, Andreas M. Kirchwitz <amk at spamfence.net> wrote:
> Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> Now, I am really confuse!
>
> Sorry.
>
>> What is the combined Workstation & Live ISO?
>> I can get: Fedora-Server-DVD-x86_64-23.iso
>> and
>> Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-23-10.iso
>> Not a "combined" one.
>
> As you may guess from the name, "Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-23-10.iso"
> is the combined image (sorry, if the word "combined" was confusing you).
>
> This ISO features the "Fedora Live system" (run Fedora directly from DVD
> in memory without any installation) and "Fedora Workstation installation"
> (install Fedora Workstation edition to harddisk) on one ISO image.
>
> "Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-23-10.iso" combines "Live" and "Workstation"
> in one single ISO image.
>
> Most users prefer this "Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-23-10.iso".
> It installs a basic Fedora setup (including GUI) pretty fast.
> After installation this can be configured in any way you like.

It installs the "Workstation" product with that project's particular
(gnome-centric) configurations. As an ISO it doesn't contain the same
selection of packages that the "Server" image does. Other spins can be
found at https://spins.fedoraproject.org/ almost all are live images,
not all are based on Workstation.

--
imalone