extcalc: which repository?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Nov 19 03:43:53 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 12:08 AM, William wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> > From: Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>
> > To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> > Subject: Re: extcalc: which repository?
> >
> > On 11/18/15 11:41, William wrote:
> > > Good morning,
> > >
> > > I'm wanting to install "extcalc" (a graphics calculator) on my Fedora
> > > 22 system.  But "apper" does not find it.  I'd like to get "extcalc"
> > > from a repository that "dnf" and "apper" pay attention to so that it
> > > will be kept up-to-date auto-magically when I do my weekly patches.
> > > What repository that "dnf" can pay attention to has "extcalc"?
> (*** snip ***)

Go to Google and input extcalc.rpm and you'll find several entries that are specific
to Fedora, and some that do not seem to be specific. Download the file and
install it with a root command line "rpm -Uvh filename.rpm" where the filename.rpm  is
the complete name of the downloaded file, complete with any version numbers, etc.
(Without the quotes that I have used here, of course.)
If the downloaded file has word spaces in it, then type \  before any space.
The same goes for parentheses--both ( and ).
Of course, the file will not be updated all the time, but so what? If it works now,
it should continue to work on and on into the future.

--doug