Installing i686 on x86_64 with DNF

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Nov 19 16:46:55 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 03:23 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Am I'm missing something obvious?
>
> I need to install nosync 32bit for mock but I had to remove it before
> dnf system-upgrade would stop complaining.
>
> Now that I'm upgraded I tried "dnf install nosync.i686" does not find
> the package.
>
> What magic incantation is required to install i686 packages on x86_64
> wit dnf?

Nothing. "dnf install nosync.i686" should do the job, but AFAIS,
nosync.i686 is missing from the x86_64 repository. No idea why.

I would suggest you to BZ a bug against nosync and ask nosync's
maintainer to contact have rel-eng to have nosync.i686 added to the
x86_64 repository.

If you really need it "RSN", you can resort to manually download
dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/i386/os/Packages/n/nosync-1.0-4.fc24.i686.rpm
and to install it.

Ralf