installing grub back to MBR

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:47:05 UTC 2015

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:18:19 +0200, Angelo Moreschini wrote:

> thank you for your answer..
>
> I have problem with the identification of the hard drive that has the MBR .
>
> In the screen that the BIOS show me,   I see three HD:
>   -    ST 3500418AS
>   -    WDC WD10EZEX 60Z
>   -    WDC WD50000AZRX-0
>
> *(I have to select one of those )*
>
> This information say me nothing about what is the HD with MBR..

Odd. When you add a harddisk to your system, you can retrieve information
about it either before partitioning it or afterwards, too. If not via
kernel messages, run command-line tools such as hdparm or smartctl. They
print details. You may need to install missing packages for these tools.

Examples:

hdparm -i /dev/sda
smartctl -i /dev/sda