installing grub back to MBR

sinthia.vee sinthia.vee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:00:57 UTC 2015

Things like sda and sdb are Linux. Your bios is at a lower level, ie in onboard flash rom. It's primary purpose is to act as a bootstrap loader for a disk operating system such as ms-dos or linux. The standard on a modern system is a scheme called efi.

That said, you appear to have 3 physical hdds. If you are on a desktop system drive numbering is determined by which ribbon cable is plugged in.  The boot disk will be at    position 0 on the primary cable. It is likely the first drive on your list. Then you can boot from the hd and use linux tools. If you are so inclined, you can disconnect the other drives temporarily in order to add them one at a time and see what you have.

Incidentally, you always have the option of booting linux and installing disk tools for 1 session from usb stick.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device