alternative to Rhythmbox

sirdeiu at bydeiu.net sirdeiu at bydeiu.net
Sun Nov 22 22:23:01 UTC 2015

This is a nice Gnome music player with playlists, replay gain, MTP support etc.
http://gnumdk.github.io/lollypop-web/ (http://gnumdk.github.io/lollypop-web/)
Doesn't have volume control (neither through keyboard shortcut or interface interaction), and I've just asked the developer about that on github but he doesn't see it a issue, otherwise is quite a nice alternative for playing music.
Can be installed from copr repository with sudo dnf copr enable gnumdk/lollypop and after install with sudo dnf install lollypop. sudo requires administrator user.
Pe Vin, nov. 20, 2015 la 10:54, Derek Cramer  a scris: Given my ongoing issues with Rhythmbox, I've just started using Banshee. It seems to tick all the boxes that I require anyway. My use case is music while I work, so I primarily need an unobtrusive player that just sits in the background and responds to hotkeys/multimedia keys (play/pause & next are all I need). Replaygain support is a must for me also.MPRIS2 control via GNOME extension is nice too (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/55/media-player-indicator/ (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/55/media-player-indicator/)).
It does have smart playlists, and a cursory look at them indicates that it does what you're looking for.
Regards,
Derek