[Fedora 23] Installing KDE Plasma as a second Desktop Environment! [bug]

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:29:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 19:25 +0530, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Monday 23 Nov 2015 11:54:51 AM Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > The specific manager you're
> > running (probably gdm for you) doesn't change just because you
> > install
> > a new Desktop *Environment* but you can do it manually.
>
> Ubuntu offers such convenience when installing multiple display
> manager as
> part of installation of another desktop environment. I wonder what
> stops
> Fedora from doing the same.

It does install the other DM (assuming it's part of the package group,
which it generally is). However it doesn't automatically select the new
one for you, which in general would be a bad idea.

What is needed is an easier way for the average user to be able to
switch DMs without editing obscure config files. Maybe some day we'll
all use the One True Desktop Manager, but this is Linux so it's never
going to happen.

poc