[Fedora 23] Installing KDE Plasma as a second Desktop Environment! [bug]

P. Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:20:27 UTC 2015

Mihuleac Sergiu wrote:

> Hi!
> ==
>
> I have Fedora 23 installed... with the default Gnome
3 Desktop Environment. I was thinking of trying
> multiple Desktop Environments, so...
>
> I've installed `KDE` using `dnf groupinstall "KDE
Plasma
> Workspaces"`....
>
> * What is your experience in having multiple desktop
environments on
> Fedora?

This is exactly how I got KDE on Fedora 23. I had
downloaded the workstation beta iso, burnt it to a DVD
(I'm trying to use them up ;-) ), installed it and as
soon as I was logged in to Gnome, the very first thing
I did was to install KDE, just the way you did. I
logged out and GDM showed me another option, called
Plasma, I think, so I logged back in and that was
about two months ago. I haven't had to use Gnome again
(tips hat).

I have always installed both KDE and Gnome on Fedora,
since I began using Fedora back when it was called Red
Hat (5, to be precise). Having two desktop
environments has saved my [you know the word] a few
times, especially when I used to run updates-testing
up until about 2 years ago, when I finally decided
that I was just wasting a lot of time on test updates
that never even made it to the regular repo.

Also, being curious, I like to see how the other half
lives, even if I don't do so often LOL Yes, I am a
committed KDEophile. Always have been.