Unusual notice -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 24 09:38:26 UTC 2015

On 11/23/15 19:10, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/23/2015 01:54 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> Can anyone explain what has caused this?
>
> The unmodified message, including headers, might be more helpful.
>
> As best I can tell, a mail server for "wildblue.net" tried to deliver
> a message for recipient "bobgoodwin@" to an external address.  Maybe
> that address is forwarded.  Or the MX is not the host that contains
> the mailboxes.  Either way, the destination server issued a temporary
> failure notice during the delivery attempt.  Check the logs on the
> host at 64.234.55.143 for more information about the temp fail.
> --
.

There is very little more in the header than what I sent and I received
another different but equally vague message this morning. I would expect
the time offset to be -600 perhaps, not +900 and both appear to be
designed to encourage running alarge attachment 'attachment.com"

The source shows them sent from:

This is probably off-topic for this list anyway and I think I will just
filter them to Thunderbird Junk and forget it.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA