(SOLVED) Re: mate problem after upgrade to 22

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:16:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 13:23:41 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 11/26/2015 12:57 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > Upgraded my 21 system to 22 this morning...but using the script
> > fedora-upgrade not
> > anything else
> > All seemed to go well...after reboot I went into my mate desktop and
> > discovered
> > the panel at the bottom of the screen is not displaying. A quick check
> > showed it was loaded and seemingly running. Google didn't find
> > anything relevant.
> >
> > Does anyone have a suggestion ?
> >

> > Thanks
>
>      Ran dnf distro-sync and 178 packages were downgraded...and a few
> new ones upgraded. Panel is back in mate. Very strange. But all is well now.

If you had captured the terminal output, it could have lead to discovering
something. Upgrade path violations in updates are a common problem, because
Fedora's Update System doesn't prevent them, some packagers ignore them, and
users do things like upgrading "from F21 + updates-testing to F22 without
updates-testing" or "from F21 + updates to F22 without updates".