[Fedora] Xsane problem -

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:51:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:11:32 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> On 11/25/15 13:51, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > Nope. It's there in F22:
> >
> >     [root at prophead ~]# rpm -qa | grep sane-backends-drivers
> >     sane-backends-drivers-scanners-1.0.25-1.fc22.x86_64
> >     sane-backends-drivers-cameras-1.0.25-1.fc22.x86_64
> >
> > Dunno why it didn't get installed on Bob's system by the update
> > (assuming it was an update).
> .
>
> The computer in question, this one, began as F-23 beta, the other two I
> just fixed were upgrades from F-22 but don't normally get connected to
> the scanner. They required the sane-backends-drivers although Xsane was
> already installed.
>
> All are xfce spins, perhaps had they been gnome to start with they would
> have been complete?

$ rpm -e --test sane-backends-drivers-scanners
$

The simplest way of checking whether there are dependencies on a package.
Yes, F23 GNOME Workstation comes with this package pre-installed (just not
as a dependency). It used to be a bug in at least one older release of
Fedora that the package was not installed.