[Fedora] Xsane problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Nov 28 14:26:53 UTC 2015

On 11/28/15 05:51, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> $ rpm -e --test sane-backends-drivers-scanners
> $
>
> The simplest way of checking whether there are dependencies on a package.
> Yes, F23 GNOME Workstation comes with this package pre-installed (just not
> as a dependency). It used to be a bug in at least one older release of
> Fedora that the package was not installed.
> --
.

[bobg at Box10 ~]$ rpm -e --test sane-backends-drivers-scanners
[bobg at Box10 ~]$

[bobg at Box10 ~]$ rpm -e --test gkrellm
error: Failed dependencies:
     gkrellm >= 2.2.0 is needed by (installed)
gkrellm-sun-1.0.0-18.fc23.x86_64

I guess the --test stops it from actually erasing anything? Although at
this point in time the [sane] installation is done and it would not matter?

Thanks,

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD