BlueFish - how to access a remote server

Jim Hayward jimhayward at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:59:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 09:08 +0200, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> Thank for yours the answers..
>
> What you suggest  to do (to work on a my computer and after send the
> work to the web site) would be  very good also for me..
>
> The problem is that actually I am  able to access to files in my
> remote site ONLY using using the option File =--> open URL... .

The File->Open URL functionality is primitive. It doesn't work well if
you wish to edit a remote file.

> I am,really, looking for a possibility to have a better control about
> the content of the site... no matter me to to work directly on the
> site.

If you are using GNOME, you can use the "connect to server" option in
GNOME file browser (Nautilus). Connecting to your remote server in this
way will display the remote file system in Bluefish file browser.

This will allow you to open/edit the remote files. Although I would
recommend editing the files locally and the uploading them.

The upload/download feature in Bluefish is very basic.

Regards,
	Jim H