rpmbuild error

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Nov 30 04:32:58 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build a RPM for luksipc to allow for in-place LUKS encryption of existing HDDs from a LiveUSB without erasing their data but I am running into some errors. The trouble is that the file does not come with a make install in the Makefile: thus the executable is not moved to the file. Therefore, I wonder how do I deal with such a situation?

Here is the SPEC file:

$ fpaste luksipc.spec
Uploading (1.8KiB)...
WARNING: Could not shorten URL
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/295683/88575141

I tried taking out the line

%{_bindir}/%{name}

and then compilation and installation proceeds without error, except that I end up with a package which does not have an executable, hence is essentially useless.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.