rpmbuild error

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Nov 30 13:07:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:03:06 +0100 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:32:58 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build a RPM for luksipc to allow for in-place LUKS encryption of existing HDDs from a LiveUSB without erasing their data but I am running into some errors. The trouble is that the file does not come with a make install in the Makefile: thus the executable is not moved to the file. Therefore, I wonder how do I deal with such a situation?
> >

> Fill your currently empty %install section with commands to install
> the files into the buildroot yourself. You can even run the "install"
> command to copy files and set file attributes, too.

Thanks again (to Gordon also)!
I am sorry I do not quite understand what to do here. Is there an example spec file I can look at for this?

I tried Gordon's suggestion and added:

%install
install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}
install -m 755 luskipc $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}/luksipc

but get:

+ cd luksipc-0.04
+ install -d /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin
+ install -m 755 luskipc /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin/luksipc
install: cannot stat 'luskipc': No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lyU1cP (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lyU1cP (%install)

Any suggestions?

I have put the "new" SPEC file here:

$fpaste luksipc.spec
Uploading (2.0KiB)...
WARNING: Could not shorten URL
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/295774/88887881

Many thanks again!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.