encrypting /home partition post-install

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:52:03 UTC 2015

On 11/30/2015 06:08 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> But there is only one filesystem (/dev/sda) and one HDD on these two
> Thanks! But I was talking about encrypting the /home partition which is separate. Does this make a difference?

You're saying two different things.

If /home is a separate partition, then you can log in as root, unmount
/home, and (maybe) use luksipc to encrypt it.

If you have "only one filesystem" that would be "/".  As Sam said,
encrypting such a system is not supported.  It's possible, though:
http://www.pavelkogan.com/2014/05/23/luks-full-disk-encryption/