strange firefox issue

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:09:44 UTC 2015

Folks,
   I have 2 systems running FC22.  Both are at the latest updates. On
one system firefox shows I have flash version 11.2.202.521 installed.
This is the latest version available from Adobe.  On the other system
firefox tells me I have an out of date version of flash 11.2.202.508.
This is, however, wrong.  I have 11.2.202.521 installed.  I have
verified this by downloading the latest flash tar file from Adobe and
doing an md5sum on the one from the tar file and the one installed in
/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so. They both have the same
checksum.  The link in ~/.mozilla/plugins points to
/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so so the correct version should
be pulled in.  I tried removing the link in the ~/.mozilla/plugins
directory and re-starting firefox, but it still shows I have
11.2.202.508 installed.  Even after I restore the link and restart
firefox it still shows I have 508 installed.

How do I get firefox to pickup the correct version of flash?

Any help is appreciated.

Paolo