Change ip address -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Oct 5 20:12:39 UTC 2015

On 10/05/15 15:50, Rick Stevens wrote:

>> The instruction says the reset device is now 1.1.1.1
>>
>> I need to access it at that address in order to configure it.
>
> To change the config on F22 via the NM GUI, just right click on the
> icon, select "Edit connections", select the connection you want to
> change, click "Edit".
>
> In the next screen, click on "IPv4 Settings" and change your configs
> the way you want them to be (e.g. click the dropdown on "Method" and
> select "Manual", then in "Addresses", select the existing config and
> click "Delete", then click "Add" and fill in the blanks).
>
> If you want this to just be temporary, you could (as root):
>
> ifconfig <name-of-network-device> 1.1.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> That would set the IP address of the NIC to 1.1.1.2/24 and you could
> configure the device. Then right-click on the NM GUI icon, disable and
> then re-enable networking to revert back to the old settings.
>
> Yeah, sort of clunky, but should do the job.
.

I edited /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp0s25 as Jack Craig
suggested and then I was able to make the changes in the NM GUI, dunno
why it wouldn't work before. Perhaps a typo, I'm a lousy typist.

Anyway I have the configuration screen up on another computer so I'm off
to fix things the way I want them.

Thanks to both of you for the help,

Bob

--