F22/23 + nvidia = no boot...

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Oct 6 12:31:16 UTC 2015

On 10/06/2015 06:23 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> linux guy wrote:
>
>> What kernel/ nvidia driver combination is working for people right now ?
>> Is there a kmod package that is working with the current kernels ?
> Is the nvidia driver likely to be better than nouveau?
>
> Incidentally, where do you find nvidia drivers?
> I can't find one for my chip, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
> at <http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx>.
>
> The standard nouveau driver I am using with F23beta is not perfect
> (eg some web-pages are distorted) but just about passable.
>

>From the nVidia README file of the linux drivers.....

The 340.xx driver supports the following set of GPUs:

NVIDIA GPU product    Device PCI ID*    VDPAU features
GeForce 8800 GTX    0191    -
GeForce 8800 GTS    0193    -
GeForce 8800 Ultra    0194    -
Tesla C870    0197    -
Quadro FX 5600    019D    -
Quadro FX 4600    019E    -
GeForce 8600 GTS    0400    A
GeForce 8600 GT    0401    A
GeForce 8600 GT    0402    A
GeForce 8600 GS    0403    A
GeForce 8400 GS    0404    A
GeForce 9500M GS    0405    A
GeForce 8300 GS    0406    -
GeForce 8600M GT    0407    A
GeForce 9650M GS    0408    A
GeForce 8700M GT    0409    A
Quadro FX 370    040A    A
Quadro NVS 320M    040B    A
Quadro FX 570M    040C    A
Quadro FX 1600M    040D    A
Quadro FX 570    040E    A
Quadro FX 1700    040F    A
GeForce GT 330    0410    A
GeForce 8400 SE    0420    -
GeForce 8500 GT    0421    A
GeForce 8400 GS    0422    A
GeForce 8300 GS    0423    -
GeForce 8400 GS    0424    A
GeForce 8600M GS    0425    A
GeForce 8400M GT    0426    A
GeForce 8400M GS    0427    A
GeForce 8400M G    0428    A
Quadro NVS 140M    0429    A
Quadro NVS 130M    042A    A
Quadro NVS 135M    042B    A

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.