missing repo, no repomd, no metalink.xml

birger birger at birger.sh
Wed Oct 7 06:01:50 UTC 2015

Since fedora releases about every 6 months and only supports two old releases you really need to upgrade either one version every 6 months or two releases in a yearly upgrade session.

If you need to run a distro that is quite like fedora but can be kept for a longer time look at CentOS (pure RHEL clone) or ScientificLinux (RHEL clone geared for the scientific community).

Right now F20 would be the oldest supported version. As soon as F23 ships F20 will be dropped as well. As you have noticed some mirrors keep older versions around for some time, but you can't count on it.