HCL badly needs updating

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:58:11 UTC 2015

Everyone:

Who is keeping the Hardware Compatibility List for Fedora?

Someone's been falling down on the job. That HCL hasn't seen an update
in five years.

In that interval, the hardware makers have introduced "two-in-ones,"
laptops with screens that respond to touch as swiftly as a tablet does.
And I can't even find, /anywhere,/ any insight as to whether Fedora will
even run on a two-in-one.

Even if I decide not to go for a two-in-one just now: I found a good
deal on a modern Acer Aspire E machine. I look up the HCL. The most
recent article on any Acer model goes back to Fedora 11. And here we are
at Fedora 22!

Why has the community neglected the HCL?

Or are we now supposed to be 100 percent confident Fedora will run on
absolutely any platform out there? Without having to use proprietary
drivers? (I refer here to the never-ending NVidia GeForce problem.)

Temlakos