keyboard oddity

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Oct 7 19:56:07 UTC 2015

On 10/08/2015 12:48 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 10/07/2015 07:58 AM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>> On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 22:48 -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>>> For several years I have used a Logitech K800 keyboard on my
>>> primary desktop, currently running Fedora 22.  Recently it
>>> has been acting up, sending a stream of fives (5's) as if
>>> I was holding down the five key and it was autorepeating.
>>>
>>> The 5's would appear sporadically, sometimes once a day,
>>> other times every couple of minutes.  They appeared in
>>> xterm's, browsers, and other GUI apps and also when I
>>> switched to one of the virtual consoles not running
>>> X-windows.  The 5's also appeared in virtual guest OS's.
>>
>> I'm getting random streams of 8s on a Logitech K330. I've rebooted,
>> unplugged the wireless receiver and changed the battery, all to no
>> avail.
>>
>> I'm also using Fedora 22 and this is the first time I've seen this
>> happen.
>
> As I mentioned before, the "plague of 5s" (a term NOT coined by me) was
> reported against a specific, (at that time newly released) F22 kernel.
> I suppose that your "plague of 8s" might be something similar. Dunno.

It may be similar.  FWIW, on one kernel I would get the 5's once in a while and that went away.  The, with kernel-4.1.7-200 my caps lock light would turn on by itself but not be in caps mode.  Now at kernel-4.1.8-200 and all is well again.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.